Arrhythmia Alliance and our member organisations hold meetings each year specifically for patients. The focus is education; providing opportunities for patients to learn about conditions and treatment options from both each other and medical professionals.
The single biggest patient event each year is Patients Day of the annual Heart Rhythm Congress.
Patients Day 2015
Sunday 4 October 2015
International Convention Centre (ICC), Birmingham UK
Further information will be available in Spring 2015. If you have any queries about Patients Day, please contact: email@example.com
Patients Day 2014
The last Patients Day event took place at the International Convention Centre (ICC), Broad Street, Birmingham on Sunday 5 October 2014.
Feedback comments included:
"Wonderful opportunity to speak to a Consultant - the speakers were very knowledgeable and welcomed questions"
"Excellent revision and good update on latest devices now available"
"Liked the balance of stalls and presentations"
Below is the list of topics covered, some of the faculty members have granted their permission for their presentations to be available to delegates:
- Diagnostic testing for long QT, Brugada and WPW, Dr Michael Cooklin (London UK)
- Device implant and lifestyle implications - a practical guide to potential restrictions, Jean Maloney (Sheffield UK)
- Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia (IST), Dr Kim Rajappan (Oxford UK)
- The arrival and availability of revolutionary cardiac devices to help you in 2014, Dr Nick Linker (Middlesbrough UK)
- Supraventricular Tachycardia Syndrome/AVNRT: Ventricular Tachycardia, Dr Faizel Osman (Coventry UK)
- Ectopics beats vs. palpitations, Dr P Boon Lim (London UK)
- How do we assess the risk of SCA in athletes - managing the risks of SCA, Dr Martin Lowe (London UK)
- "Can you afford not to have an AED in your school, village, sports club?", Trudie Lobban MBE (Stratford-upon-Avon UK)
Photos from the event:
If you would like to view information on previous Patients Day events click here.